Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Tale of Two Perms....


... It is not unheard of to be at an appointment for three to five hours depending upon the service. Not to say the service is that labor intensive but there is allot of down time.


My model's before picture. I wanted to show length in this picture. You can tell her right side is longer than her left, and there is absolutely no shape.

My plan of action is a "mild" relaxer, blow dry, press, and cut.



The dry cut method definitely assisted in the final look. I did a perimeter cut with angles in the front and back (Page Boy) and short vertical layering throughout.




This gave her great shape, kept length without being too heavy, and allowed for volume even after a fresh relaxer (chemical straightening). Total Time: 4 hours



Ginger got a Basic Layer Cut and a "ColdWave" Perm

It was my first real attempt at a Full Perm Rod Set w/ Perm. I know what went wrong. I did not apply the perm properly. I was really rushed through the chemical process, forced to do the chemical even though it was the end of the day.

So what your seeing is an average perm rod set..took me about three hours to do, and an under processed chemical treatment.

I am not too pleased with the outcome...looks like a "Mall" perm. The next day I washed, blow dried, and flat ironed her straight again.

The moral of this story...rushing through any chemical process will create an environment for a bad perm.

No comments: